2601 16th Street, NW
Overlooking historic Meridian Hill Park, 2601 16th Street was constructed in 1942 and the location of the first government owned and operated hotel built exclusively to house young women who moved to the District to fill government jobs during World War II. Howard University operated the building until 2013 as an off campus dormitory known as Meridian Hill Hall. Jair Lynch acquired the development rights in September 2015 from Howard University through a highly competitive process and closed the transaction in December 2015.
Renovation of the eight story 182,000 sf building into a modern boutique residential building will provide over 200 new rental housing units, with panoramic views of downtown Washington, a full suite of modern amenities and strong connections to the Meridian Hill Park. The project will deliver summer of 2018.