Mr. Henry, a Development Associate with Jair Lynch Real Estate Partners, provides project management and execution services for the firm’s sponsored investments. In this role, he is responsible for direct interaction and coordination with investors, consultants and contractors to manage the development process from design and entitlement through construction and completion. Mr. Henry’ current projects include, the historic renovation of the Meridian Hill Hotel into a 206-unit multifamily building and the redevelopment of 609 H Street, NE.
Previously, Mr. Henry worked on the entitlements, concept and schematic design for the redevelopment of the 25-acre historic McMillan Reservoir into an architecturally distinct mixed-use district, which balances significant historic preservation, adaptive reuse and sustainability requirements with construction of 2MM sf of office, retail, residential and civic uses. The project has been characterized by the Historic Preservation Review Board as, “one of the most challenging sites imaginable to both preserve and adapt for current use”.
Mr. Henry joined Jair Lynch in 2012, bringing comprehensive experience in all aspects of planning, executing and managing development projects from concept through completion, including mixed-use, multi-family, retail, office, institutional and residential developments for public, private and institutional investors. Previously, he provided development advisory services to the Department of the Navy in support of worldwide real estate privatization initiatives, which included the planning, design, execution, construction and asset management of over 64,000 units nationwide.
In addition to his work on behalf of public sector clients, Mr. Henry previously served as Area Manager for a regional development firm’s operation in coastal South Carolina and Georgia. In this capacity, he managed the acquisition, entitlement and construction of two large mixed-use developments, as well as several smaller infill projects. Mr. Henry began his career as a Senior Planner in charge of development and design review for the Town of Bluffton, SC. Mr. Henry has been an AICP accredited professional since 2004.
- Furman University, Greenville, SC
Bachelor of Arts, Accounting
- The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
Master of Science, Urban Planning
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)
- American Planning Association (APA)
- DC Building Industry Association (DCBIA)
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- 2601 16th Street, NW, Washington, DC: Residential
- 609 H Street, NE, Washington, DC: Mixed-Use Office and Retail
- McMillan, Washington, DC: Mixed-Use Masterplan, Residential and Retail
- 645 H Street, NE, Washington, DC: Mixed-Use Office and Retail
- Regenesis Portfolio, Washington, DC: Multifamily Renovation
- Abingdon House, Crystal City, VA: Residential