Anthony J. Startt
Director of Investments
Mr. Startt is responsible for analyzing potential project acquisitions for Jair Lynch’s sponsored investments and for its fee-for-service 3rd party clients. His primary responsibilities include analyzing sites, developing financial models and pro formas, conducting market research and analysis, conducting due diligence analysis, and obtaining project entitlements and approvals. Since joining Jair Lynch in 2001, he has provided significant financial analysis, oversight, and project management support across a range of planning, development, and construction projects.
Mr. Startt lead the acquisition of over 2,000 units of existing apartments and development sites and over 300,000 square feet of office and retail space including Jair Lynch’s acquisition and financing of the Half Street and H Street; the Regenesis Portfolio of apartments; the Paul Laurence Dunbar Apartments and the Abingdon Apartments. He has also lead the acquisition of more than 250,000 square feet of neighborhood assets for Jair Lynch’s 3rd party clients. This included representing the DC Primary Care Association (DCPCA) for a multi-project acquisition and development program to open thirteen new and redeveloped primary care medical clinics throughout Washington with a total program development cost is in excess of $100 million.
Currently Mr. Startt is leading Jair Lynch’s efforts as a member of Vision McMillan Partners to develop the multifamily and retail components of the 25 acre historic McMillan Sand Filtration Site. When completed, McMillan will include more than 500 mixed-income apartments; 90,000 square feet of retail including a full service grocery store; more than 1M square feet of medical office; 146 townhomes; a 17,000 square foot community center; and 8 acres of parks and open space.
- University of Maryland – College Park
Bachelor of Arts, Economics
- Johns Hopkins University, Carey Business School
Master of Science in Real Estate
- McMillan Sand Filtration Site, Washington, DC: Residential Rental Housing and Retail
- Half Street, Washington, DC: Residential Rental Housing, Condominium, and Retail
- 609/645 H Street, Washington, DC: Office and Retail
- Abingdon House, Crystal City, VA: Residential Rental Housing
- Paul Laurence Dunbar Apartments, Washington, DC: Residential Rental Housing
- Parkside Health Center, Washington, DC: Multi-Tenant Medical Office
- Anacostia Health Center, Washington, DC: Medical Office
- Mary’s Center for Maternal and Child Care: Medical Office
- Center for Community Change, Washington DC: Office Building
- Lamond Recreation Center, Washington DC: LEED® Silver Mixed-Use Facility
- US Green Building Council: LEED® Accredited Professional
- Urban Land Institute: Member
- JHU Carey Business School Real Estate Alumni Group: Member
- The Housing Association of Nonprofit Developers (HAND): Member