Anthony J. Startt
Director of Investments
As the Director of Investments, Mr. Startt is responsible for overseeing the financial performance of Jair Lynch’s sponsored investments and fee-for-service third party client projects. Mr. Startt’s responsibilities include evaluating investment and acquisition opportunities, site and financial analysis, structuring transactions, negotiating term sheets and project documents with debt and equity providers, and managing due diligence, closing and ongoing compliance on assigned projects. Mr. Startt also has significant experience in obtaining project entitlements and approvals, and leasing of both retail and office properties. Mr. Startt serves on the company’s internal investment committee.
Since joining Jair Lynch in 2001, Mr. Startt has overseen the acquisition and development of more than 6.8MM square feet of apartments, office, retail, and community assets valued at more than $3.2MM. Mr. Startt oversaw the acquisition, development, leasing, sales, and stabilization of the Kelvin Apartments and eNvy Condominiums at Half and N Streets SE, Washington, DC, including the lease-up of 55,000 square feet of retail space in a high-energy entertainment corridor. Mr. Startt also led Jair Lynch’s efforts as a member of Vision McMillan Partners to develop the multifamily and retail components of the 25-acre historic McMillan Sand Filtration Site. When completed, McMillan will include more than 500 mixed-income apartments, 90,000 square feet of retail including a full-service grocery store, more than 1M square feet of medical office, 146 townhomes, a 17,000 square foot community center, and 8 acres of parks and open space.
Currently Mr. Startt is overseeing the development of the 600 block of Rhode Island Ave NE, Washington, DC into more than 400 Class A apartments and convenience retail, the redevelopment of 899 Maine Ave SW, Washington, DC into more than 500 Class A apartments and 15,000 square feet of retail, and the master planning for the renovation and redevelopment of the 1,334-unit Barcroft Apartments in Arlington, Virginia.
- University of Maryland – College Park
Bachelor of Arts, Economics
- Johns Hopkins University, Carey Business School
Master of Science in Real Estate
- McMillan Sand Filtration Site, Washington, DC: Residential Rental Housing and Retail
- Half Street, Washington, DC: Residential Rental Housing, Condominium, and Retail
- 609/645 H Street, Washington, DC: Office and Retail
- Abingdon House, Crystal City, VA: Residential Rental Housing
- Paul Laurence Dunbar Apartments, Washington, DC: Residential Rental Housing
- Parkside Health Center, Washington, DC: Multi-Tenant Medical Office
- Anacostia Health Center, Washington, DC: Medical Office
- Mary’s Center for Maternal and Child Care: Medical Office
- Center for Community Change, Washington DC: Office Building
- Lamond Recreation Center, Washington DC: LEED® Silver Mixed-Use Facility
- US Green Building Council: LEED® Accredited Professional
- Urban Land Institute: Member
- JHU Carey Business School Real Estate Alumni Group: Member
- The Housing Association of Nonprofit Developers (HAND): Member