James D. Fennelly
Vice President, Development
Mr. Fennelly is responsible for oversight of development project management and construction site services on Jair Lynch projects. With over 15 years expertise in project development and consultant/contractor management services, James leads and manages execution on all phases of the development process for Jair Lynch’s development advisory services clients.
Recent assignments include development management on five public charter school projects, construction management of an 80,000 sf office renovation and interior build out for a Jair Lynch sponsored investment and providing construction advisory on the upcoming renovation of the 400,000 sf Martin Luther King, Jr. Public Library. James specializes in executing complex development and fast-track delivery schedules for Jair Lynch’s educational clients, such as student-in-place phased development and summer construction projects.
Mr. Fennelly started with a construction background working as an office/field engineer on a 122,000 sf Youth Services Center located in Northeast Washington DC; additionally he served as Project Engineer on a joint venture to build the modern Unified Communications Center in Southeast Washington, DC. The landmark project, located on the St. Elizabeth’s campus, centralized communication for DC’s emergency, non-emergency and District-wide call center by integrating DC’s Emergency Management Agency (EMA), the Office of Unified Communications (OUC), the OCTO Network Operations Center (NOC), as well as the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Member of Friends of Choice in Urban Schools (FOCUS)
- Member of District of Columbia Building Industry Association (DCBIA)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Library, Washington DC: interim facility during renovation of DC’s historic flagship library
- KIPP DC – Blaine Campus Expansion, Washington DC: 109,000 sf office renovation and interior build out
- Paul Public Charter School – Campus Expansion, Washington DC: 139,000 sf renovation, 27,000 sf addition and new synthetic turf multi-sport field
- Friendship Public Charter School – Technical Preparatory HS, Washington DC: 80,000 sf education facility new construction
- 645 H Street NE, Washington DC: 80,000 sf office renovation and interior build out
- See Forever Foundation, Maya Angelou Public Charter School, Washington DC: 112,000 sf renovation and parking addition
- Bread for the City Healthcare Center, Washington, DC: 28,000 sf renovation and addition for non-profit healthcare center
- KIPP DC – Shaw Campus, Washington, DC: 100,000 sf education facility renovation and base building upgrade
- KIPP DC – Will Academy Addition, Washington DC: 12,500 sf education facility addition; co-location with DC Public School
- KIPP DC – Benning Road Campus, Washington DC: 80,000 sf education facility new construction
- Capital Area Food Bank, Washington, DC: 123,000 sf non-profit warehouse distribution facility new construction
- Friendship Public Charter School – Southeast Elementary Academy: 40,000 sf addition to existing 60,000 sf building
- Unified Communications Center, Washington, DC: 130,000 sf municipal facility new construction
- Youth Services Center, Washington, DC: 120,000 sf facility new construction